I wanted to wish each of you a Hoppy Thanksgiving. I hope you have a day with lots of family, and friends and of course some good food!
I have to admit that this is one of my favorite holidays. I probably don’t need to mention how so many holidays have become commercialized. And sure, they work to sell lots of food for Thanksgiving. Still, it lacks the sales of presents, massive numbers of decorations and excessive amounts of candy. (Which may be why most stores seem to want to pretend it doesn’t exist and put out the Christmas stuff the day after Halloween.) But I digress talking about commercialism. My real point is that one of the reasons that I like Thanksgiving is because it’s not so commercial.
Thanksgiving is still all about time with family, lots of food, and being thankful. These are some of the very best things in life. (And with a name like Thanksgiving, how could a gratitude junkie not be pleased?)
A few of the things I’m thankful for this week:
- Contemplating how my life has continually gotten better over the last few years
- My family, friends, and other people in my life
- Making lots of progress on work things this month
- Getting outside and going on a cool hike over the weekend
- Little oranges and cookies
- Rain and sunshine too
- Fuzzy slippers
- Breakfast sandwiches
- Looking forward to going to Best Year Ever Blueprint next month
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving holiday? Or just in general?
P.S. Hoppy’s turkey friend I drew myself following this YouTube video. OK, he looks a little ridiculous, but I had tons of fun making him.